Perfectly One was written as part of a six-week all-church study. The Perfectly One Study Guide was written to help you dig deeper into each week’s topic as you (1) hear the message by your pastor in your worship service, (2) attend a weekly small group, and (3) follow along with your own personal devotions each day. Though we would encourage you to join a small group, if that isn’t possible, the Introduction to each week and the Personal Daily Devotions can also be used
This study guide contains the following for each of the six weeks:
- Introduction – This information will help you focus on the topic for the week.
- Video notes – Each session includes a video for your small group to watch together. Pages are provided in this study guide that you can use to take notes during the videos.
- Questions for Group Discussion – After watching the video, questions are provided for you to discuss with your small group, that will take you deeper into the topic.
- Personal Daily Devotions – There are Personal Daily Devotions at the end of each session in the study guide. Whether you are in a small group or not, these daily devotions will help you apply what you are learning to your own personal life.
Also included in this Study Guide are:
- Resources for Group Leaders – Information that will help those who are leading small groups through this study.
- Answers for video notes
- Weekly Family Devotions – Six lessons with ideas you can use each week to study Perfectly One with your family.
If your church is not going through this Perfectly One study, you can still go through it on your own or with a small group of friends. The teaching videos that correspond with each week’s lesson are available here.
About the Authors
This six-week 40-Day study on unity in the church was written collaboratively by the three teaching pastors at Bridges Community Church in Los Altos, California.
David Gudgel – Lead Pastor and Teaching Pastor
Dave is a native Californian. Prior to Bridges, he was the Senior Pastor of Agoura Bible Fellowship in Southern California for twenty-one years, and then the Senior Pastor of Bethany Bible Church in Phoenix, AZ for seven years. Over the past thirty years, Dave has also taught a variety of seminars for Walk Thru the Bible Ministries. Dave earned his BA degree in Sociology at Westmont College in Santa Barbara, California, a M. Div in Practical Theology from Talbot Theological Seminary in La Mirada, California, and a Doctorate in Preaching at Western Seminary in Portland, Oregon. As an author Dave has written six other books: Owner’s Guide to Using Your Bible, Before You Live Together, Before You Get Engaged, Just One More Thing: Before You Leave Home, Bible StoryBoards, and Where Death and Hope Meet. Dave and his wife, Bernice, have three children and eleven grandchildren.
Steve Durand – Family Pastor and Teaching Pastor
Steve is originally from Houston, Texas. He earned his BA degree from Baylor University and a Masters of Arts in Christian Education from Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary. Steve is passionate about encouraging and training parents and couples, as well as helping churches become more intentional about passing faith along to the next generation. He and his wife, Shannon, have three teenage children.
Dan Stockum – Young Adult Pastor and Teaching Pastor
Originally from Ohio, Dan has spent most of his life in the south, serving churches in Georgia and Alabama. He earned his Master of Divinity from Beeson Divinity School in Birmingham. Before coming to Bridges, Dan served as a campus minister at Georgia Tech (his other alma mater) for seven years. He and his wife, Beth, have two young sons.